Reef Life Restoration: "Earth Law Center: Champions for Rights of Nature", Earth Law Center's mission, philosophy, and Rights of Oceans initiative, June 1, 2018.
ECO Magazine: "Puget Sound Initiative: Securing Rights for Southern Resident Killer Whales", Earth Law Center's initiative to gain legal rights for the entire Puget Sound, May 8, 2018.
- South by Southwest (SXSW) panel (audio): "Answer with Action: A New Activism Platform", Darlene Lee and other speakers discuss sustainability and taking action at the community level.
- NBC Miami: "'Nature as an Asset': Coral Reef Insurance May Be a Sea Change for Conservation", Asher Klein writes on insurance for coral reefs and Michelle Bender voices her opinion on the initiative, April 18, 2018.
- UK Environmental Law Association (newsletter): "Earth Law", featured article (p. 19) by Samantha Orenstein discusses Earth Law, its current status and potential prominence.
- WGDR Radio (online stream): "Relocalizing Vermont", Grant Wilson discusses rights of nature, April 5, 2018.
- Rights for Nature Sweden (recorded webinar): Michelle Bender - Advancing Holistic and Ocean Rights-Based Governance, March 29 7:00 pm CET, 2018. Learn more about ELC’s Ocean Rights initiatives and strategies.
- MPA News: If MPAs had a legal right to be managed well, would that end the problem of paper parks? December 13, 2017.
- International Union for Conservation of Nature: Call for UN to Recognize and Protect the Ocean’s Rights, October 11, 2017.
- Mother Earth News: What is Earth Law and Why Does it Matter? September 4, 2017.
- The Ecologist: We Need Rights of Nature Legislation Now to Protect our Home Planet, July 7, 2017.
- Law and Nature Journal: http://nomosphysis.org.gr/17240/dikaiomata-tis-fysis-mia-nea-enallaktiki-gia-tin-e-e/
Teyuna Foundation Launches First USA Indigenous Colombian Leader Tour. The Teyuna Foundation announces their first ever USA tour through ELC. June 27, 2018.
Now Development Director, Devon joins ELC bringing considerable experience from work with other groups fighting for rights and advancing solutions to societal problems. May 17, 2018.
Earth Defenders Launch first Ocean Rights Framework in the World on Earth Day. ELC unveiled the first Ocean Rights Framework in the world, at the ocean conference at EarthX. April 24, 2018.
Groups to Seek Fundamental Legal Rights for Serbia’s Wild Rivers and Ecosystems. ELC and Earth Thrive launch a campaign to establish rights of nature in Serbia. April 19, 2018.
Initiative Launched to Secure Rights for Southern Resident Killer Whales in the Puget Sound. ELC and Nonhuman Rights Project launch initiative to support local communities and indigenous groups in Puget Sound and Salish Sea. April 17, 2018.
Vermont Law School presents ‘Earth Law for the Next Generation of Environmental Lawyers’. Grant Wilson discuss the origins of earth law, its impact, how it applies in practice, and more. April 6, 2018.
River Defenders Launch Initiative to Secure Rights for the River Ethiope. ELC and RETFON launch an initiative to establish legal rights for the River Ethiope in Nigeria. March 8, 2018.
Lawsuit seeks to have California Waterways Identified as Hydrologically Impaired under the Clean Water Act. ELC and partners sue to identify several major waterways as hydrologically impaired under the Clean Water Act, December 20, 2017.
River Defenders file lawsuit against the State Water Board for failure to meet Clean Water Act. ELC and partners sue state for failure to meet key Clean Water Act and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) requirements, November 29, 2017.
Environmental Groups Sue State Water Resources Control Board Over Listing Impaired Water Bodies Under the Clean Water Act. Two suits seek review of California's water assessments and compliance with the Clean Water Act and associated state law, November 8, 2017.
River Defenders File Lawsuit to Protect California’s Waterways. Suit seeks state compliance with the Clean Water Act and CEQA, November 1, 2017.
- Organizations Worldwide Call Upon the United Nations to Recognize and Protect the Ocean's Rights, June 8, 2017.
- Earth Law Center Takes Strategic Step Forward with New Executive Director, April 25, 2017.
- On International Human Rights Day ELC Report Highlights Threats to Human Rights and Nature's Rights, December 10, 2016.
- Giving Mother Earth a Voice in Paris International Tribunal on Rights of Nature, November 27, 2015.
- Bringing Nature to the Negotiating Table at the 2016 IUCN Congress and the U.N., ELC with WECAN, September 6, 2015.