ELC's First Earth law video
When humans and corporations have rights, but nature does not, nature inevitably suffers. Adopting Earth based law changes the status of nature from a resource and property to a rights-bearing entity, with those rights enforceable by people, governments and communities.
voice for earth law: one-minute talk series
Earth Law Center works to transform the law to recognize and protect nature’s inherent rights to exist, thrive and evolve. Hear directly from our impassioned Earth Law advocates in our one-minute talk series.
VIDEOS and webinars
- Hammer Museum, Los Angeles, "Who Owns Water?" (2015)
- Yale Law School, "A Communion of Subjects: Law, Environment and Religion" (2015)
- Bay Area Rights of Nature Ethics Tribunal (2014): Summary Video (co-organizer and Prosecutor)
- Bay Area Rights of Nature Ethics Tribunal (2014): Full Day’s Video and Summaries
- Audio, "Codifying Nature's Rights in Human Law," Techno-Utopianism and the Fate of the Earth (2014)
- ELC Webinar with Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy, "Nature's Rights in Practice: The Rights of Rivers to Flow" (2013)
- Video, Univ. of Victoria, Centre for Global Studies, “Reclaiming Prosperity through Nature’s Rights” (2013)
- Webinar, POLIS Project on Ecological Governance, Water Sustainability Project, with Vernon Tava, "Giving Nature a Voice: Legal Ri ghts of Waterways" (2013)
- Podcast, "Sustainable People," Interview with Linda Sheehan (2012)
- Podcast, "Calls to recognise the rights of nature," with Cormac Cullinan (2011)
- Video, Southern Cross University, "Introduction to Earth Laws Network" (2011)
spanish language videos
- Alberto Acosta, economist and former President of the Ecuador 2007-2008 Constitutional Assembly presents his judges ruling on the Yasuni ITT case, an offer by Ecuador to fight climate change by forgoing oil exploration and production in a large tract of untouched rainforest. Acosta is responsible for drawing up the now famous Montecristi Constitution, which took effect in 2008 and established protection for the rights of nature, Feb 7, 2014.
Ley Ambiental de Protección a la Tierra en el Distrito Federal. Discussion of the environmental law to protect the rights of nature in MXDF congress, Apr 25, 2013.
Ramiro Avila - Prosecutor on behalf of the Earth, Rights of Nature Tribunal, Quito, Ecuador, Jan 17, 2014.
Serge Latouche, gran ideólogo del decrecimiento - part 1 of 2.
Serge Latouche, gran ideólogo del decrecimiento - part 2 of 2.
Enrique Viale presents judge's ruling on Mirador mining case, Rights of Nature Tribunal, Quito, Ecuador, Jan 17, 2014.