ELC’s education initiatives prepare tomorrow’s leaders to seek environmental solutions grounded in the inherent rights of nature, nature as partners instead of property.
"Brooklyn College Community Partnership is thrilled to be working with the Earth Law Center on developing a series of mock trials that illustrate the rights of the natural world to Brooklyn youth "
Steve Ausbury, Executive Director of the Brooklyn College Community Partnership
ELC educational solutions include:
- A graduate level "Earth Law" course taught for several years at Vermont Law School, a world leader in environmental legal education
- Launch your own Earth Law Club or add to existing environmental clubs with hands-on experience with over a dozen current legal initiatives. Download the Earth Law Club Flyer.
- Mock Trial Workshop for High school students. Download the plan here.
- Bottle Biosphere curriculum to boost STEM learning. Download the outline here.
We have presented on Earth Law and the rights of nature at numerous other universities, including:
- Laurentian University, Canada
- University of Montana Law School
- Stanford Law School
- Yale Law School and Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies
- The University of Hawai'i Richardson School of Law
- Southern Cross University and Griffith University in Australia
- Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- McGill University, Montreal
- UCLA's Institute for the Environment
- University of Denver's Sturm College of Law
- Barry University in Orlando, Florida, Center for Earth Jurisprudence
- University of Victoria in British Columbia, where ELC’s Executive Director is a Research Affiliate with the University’s Centre for Global Studies and POLIS Project on Ecological Governance